Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wilco Live In Edmonton Feb.15th 2010



On Monday night February 15th Wilco with openers Califone (both bands from Chicago) played the Jubilee Auditorium.We missed Califone, had to get a few beers in us. I went to this show with BZ and A-Bomb and yet again we all left the show absolutely blown away. This was my seventh time seeing Wilco play live, and once again another amazing show. Opening with a mellow tune Sunken Treasure from their second album Being There, which was a surprise to me, after looking at their set lists for the previous three shows on this tour, they were opening with Wilco(The Song)which they eventually did do. With the show starting mellow then picking up with some all out noise, I had a feeling we were in for a special night of music. And Indeed we were, with drummer Glenn Kotche thrashing away and guitarist Nels Kline playing like a mad man and of course lead singer Jeff Tweedy going from a whisper to all out scream, the whole band was tight and put on an excellent show.
Some of the songs Wilco did were, I am Trying To Break Your Heart, I'm The Man Who Loves You, Shot In The Arm,Handshake Drugs (one of my very faves) and even a few songs from the Mermaid Avenue albums Wilco did with Billy Bragg (Woody Guthrie songs). I don't believe had ever heard them do those songs live before. I'm not real good with the song titles of Wilco songs. They pretty much covered songs from all seven of their albums. What I can say though is there wasn't a bad song or slow moment through out the two hour plus show. Watch this site for full set list, click here.
I would give this show a 10 out of 10. Wilco will love you baby!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm still filled with rage that i didn't get in to see Wilco out here. a free wilco show and i'm left standing in the rain. Not cool.
    I'm pretty sure they did 1 or 2 of the Guthrie songs when we saw them in Montreal at Metropolis years back.
    Nice shirt and poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, Wilco delivered. Since the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot tour we saw at Reds, I've made it a goal to try and see them every time they come through town.

    ReplyDelete