Saturday, February 20, 2010

Old School Album Of The Week For Feb.15th - 19th



I really picked a winner this week. An album called The Right To Rock by Keel released in 1985 their debut album. My god, can't believe this is what I was listening to 25 years ago. The album was produced by Gene Simmons the bass player for KISS, maybe that's what made me buy this, being such a KISS fan, cause I really have no other excuse. There really is nothing good about this album, well, I kind of like the cover art, but the music is just some lame glam rock from the 80's.
Song titles such as the title The Right To Rock, lame lyrics,So Many Girls So Little Time,Easier Said Than Done which sounds just like 80's era KISS and then there is the god awful cover of the Rolling Stones song Let's Spend The Night Together. This was a hard album to listen to again and can't see bringing this out for another 25 years. And to think they have reunited for a 25th anniversary tour. give it up Keel.
But hey, you Got The Right To Rock. I just choose not to rock to this!

2 comments:

  1. I remember rocking some Keel back in the day, but it's been ages. You should put on Kix "Blow My Fuse"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that fuckin' song. I totally remember rockin out to that video in Spitzmachers' basement. 4 o'clock rock!

    ReplyDelete