Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Mar.31st (Danko Jones)



Todays concert shirt is one I picked up when I saw Danko Jones open for Sloan back in February of 2000 at The Golden Garter. When I went to this show, I was going to see Sloan as I knew very little about Danko at the time. Well, after seeing Danko Jones play, I knew there was no sense in sticking around for Sloan as it was only going to be a letdown.



Danko was awesome live and at the time only had 2 E.P.'s out, his self titled album and the E.P. My Love Is Bold which are both awesome.I then got to see Danko play again this time at The Urban Lounge in October with opening act Tricky Woo, another great double bill.

I have seen Danko a few times since and have to say, I now think Danko is just a wanker, his shtick gets old in a hurry. Not a fan of him anymore. I got to meet Danko a few times and have to say he is a nice man and is good with his fans. I've got a few of his CD's autographed.




No comments:

Post a Comment