Monday, March 29, 2010

Rock Tease Book Review


I just finished reading a book about rock T-shirts from the 70's to the 90's. The book is called Rock Tease (The Golden Years Of Rock T-Shirts) wrote and put together by Erica Easley and Ed Chalfa released in 2006.

It really wasn't the greatest book. I was expecting more and better t-shirts in this book. There really wasn't a whole lot of reading in it, as most of the book is just pictures of t-shirts. What I found was that there were too many pictures of bad bootleg rock shirts that you used to find in the old head shops of the 80's. I was hoping that the book would have more pictures of classic concert shirts from the 70's,80's and 90's. I did find some pictures of t-shirts that I myself own, but I think between my brother and I, we could have put together a way better book then this.

There are a few good essays from the likes of Mark Arm from Mudhoney and Wayne Kramer from MC5 talking about old concert shirts.

Now after reading this book, I have come up with my own idea for my blog. I am going to start trying to put up one of my own concert shirts. (T-Shirt of the day with a story about it, show I got it at what year, what tour and such).

If you are interested in seeing what I have collected over the years (as I have tried to buy a shirt at almost every show I have been to) click here

No comments:

Post a Comment