Monday, March 15, 2010

White Stripes Album Review


This week The White Stripes release their first live album (Under Great White Northern Lights) which was recorded while on there Canadian tour in 2007 in which they played from coast to coast as well as dates in Whitehorse,Yellowknife and Iqaluit.It is basically a soundtrack for the documentary that also comes out this week. The album has 16 tracks on it which sound very raw and gritty and without a doubt no over dubbing on this live album. Sometimes it's hard to believe that it is only Meg on drums and Jack on guitar, holy shit can they make some noise for two musicians.
My biggest complaint of this double live album is that it doesn't let you know where any of the tracks were recorded. Would have been cool to know where they were recorded as A Bomb and I were at the Edmonton show on this tour. No liner notes or anything on the inside of album, kind of a bummer.
All and all a good live album. I would give this album a 6.5 out of 10.


As I said earlier in the album review, A-Bomb and I went to the show in Edmonton on June 30th at The Convention Centre. What a great fucking show it was too. All out rock n' roll very gritty and raw and balls to the wall rock. I would go out of my way to see them play live again for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment