Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Treeline with Sean Brewer Live at Permanent Records



Saturday afternoon October 1st I made my way to Permanent Records here in Edmonton to see a free show by a Lethbridge,Alberta band called Treeline with Sean Brewer. I had never heard of Treeline before, and Sean Brewer I didn't think I had heard before, but found out he used to be in the local band The Uncas, whom i have heard and have a CD of there's.

I don't know who shit the bed on this show, because there was next to no one there, maybe half a dozen people. There was no advertising for the show, I only heard about the show after being at the record store earlier in the day. Nonetheless, I made my way to the store at 3pm to check it out. Like I say, there was no one there, but it didn't stop the band from performing, which is cool. Treeline play a roots country style of music, it was done well, little sloppy which I like in country music, beats the hell out of that slick shit. There are two singers in the band Sean Brewer and Danny Dyck, I have to say, I enjoyed Danny's style more. I stuck around and watched and listened to the band for about 40 minutes before I had heard enough, not sure how much longer they played. Overall I thought they were alright, but not something I am going to rush out to see again or buy. A bit too country for my tastes. Also, what's up with all these bands going country, I thought we were a rock town.





Sean Brewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment