Monday, May 27, 2013

The Jammy Pacs at DV8 in Edmonton May 25th 2013



On Saturday night my buddies Hurl, A-Bomb and I went to a show at DV8 here in Edmonton. We went to see a band called The Jammy Pacs, a Ween tribute band from Calgary. I had some trepidation about going to this show as I never go see a tribute band as I would much rather see the real thing. And Ween being one of my all time favorite bands, I didn't want to see some band ruin their music. Well much to my surprise, the Jammy Pacs did a wicked tribute to the mighty Ween. There was an alright turn out for the show, the small but appreciative crowd ate it up dancing and singing along all evening. My buddy A-Bomb is the biggest Ween fan I know and he was impressed and was singing along all night. We had a great time at the show and look forward to seeing this Ween tribute band again. And with Ween out of commission this is about as close as we will get to seeing Ween anytime soon. Great job Jammy Pacs. All the members were really talented musicians and nailed it perfectly. All hail the mighty Boognish!!!! Good times!!!

This was also my first time to this venue and have to say I thought it was pretty decent actually. Well, it's a good thing I went to this, as DV8 at this location is closing and this was the last show put on there. DV8 will be moving in to the old location of New City Legion (8130 Gateway Boulevard 103st). I had the chance to talk with the owner of DV8 (Rod), and he seemed to be a super nice guy and even bought me a few beers at the show. Thanks Rod!!! Sounds like he fully supports touring bands giving them 100 percent of the door. Look forward to seeing more shows at the new location.

The Jammy Pacs in Edmonton.



Setlist for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment