Saturday, April 23, 2016

Music Collectors Show pick-ups


So the day after Record Store Day here in Edmonton we had the annual spring Music Collectors Show. Like I say, it was an expensive weekend if your a buyer of music. Luckily I had been saving up for this weekend. They had a good turnout for the show. My Cuz and I were up early on Sunday to give my buddy RCD a hand loading and unloading his records that he was selling at the show. A truck load later we were off to the Music Collectors Show. Because we had helped him, we were able to get in on the early bird special, first dibs on looking through everyone's collectibles.

I did alright on picking up some things I was looking for to fill some holes in the vinyl collection and a lot of things that I didn't need but couldn't say no to.

Here is a list of records I bought.

Some Neil Young albums as I am trying to complete my Neil vinyl collection, still need quite a few.

* Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
* Harvest Moon
* Tonight's The Night
* Trans

Same with my Bob Dylan collection, getting down to a few now.

* Shot Of Love
* Oh Mercy

And as always some Stompin' Tom Connors to fill some holes in the collection.

* Love & Laughter
* On Tragedy Trail

Some Metallica, because I am still a sucker for Metallica bootlegs.

* Metal Up Your Ass
* In From The Cold (Live at the Playhouse Theatre Winnipeg Dec.13th 1986)

And then got these six albums for the grand total of $20.00, how could I say no.

* The Blasters - Over There (Live at The Venue London)
* Black Sabbath - Never Say Die
* Midnight Oil - Red Sails In The Sunset
* John Lee Hooker - Endless Boogie
* Van Halen - OU182
* Bruce Springsteen - Live 1975-85 (five LP set) in mint condition.


I'm thinking next year I won't spend as much on Record Store Day and more at the record fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment