Thursday, April 21, 2016

RIP Prince


Well this is getting ridiculous with all the RIP's in the past four months. Yet another legend gone, and this time it is the passing of Prince at the age of 57. My list of musicians that I have seen in concert and have now left us is growing, sadly!!!

I was never the biggest Prince fan but there have been a few times I have seen clips of him live that have blown me away. Once of them instances was when Prince played the halftime show at the Super Bowl in 2007. After seeing that, I always said I need to see him in concert. The man is one of the most under rated guitar players ever. Well in 2011 I got my chance when Prince played Rexall Place here in Edmonton. While I didn't give the show the greatest review, I am definitely glad that I went to the show. To read the review click here.

There is no doubt Prince made a big impression on many musicians and was a big inspiration to many. RIP Prince, your music will live on.

Super Bowl Performance, though the video is awful.



Click here to see some great footage of the performance.

Edmonton setlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment