Wednesday, February 6, 2019

The Trews and Altameda Live in Edmonton Jan.31st 2019

Last Thursday my buddy Buzzard and I went to the Starlite Room for The Trews and Altameda double bill. The main reason we went to this show was for Altameda. This was the second of a two night stand for The Trews and Altameda.

We got their early as we were there for Altameda. This would be my ninth time seeing them in concert and third time in the month of January alone. So ya, you could say I am huge fan of this Edmonton band. And they did not disappoint, scaled back down to a four piece band as they had two extra musicians for the St. Albert show, this is how I like to see them. They rocked the hell out to a full place, lots of people there to catch Altameda opening. The band have been on the road with The Trews for a couple weeks now having started the tour in Victoria with them and going as far as Regina with them. Altameda are currently on the road promoting their new album Time Hasn't Changed You, which is a kick ass rock album. They played mostly new stuff during their 45 minute opening set. Even doing a Bob Dylan cover "The Man In Me" which sounded incredible. They have a great mix of a classic rock band sound without sounding dated. A mix of The Band, Tom Petty, Ryan Adams, and I even hear a little hint of Wilco in some of their new songs. This band blows me away every time I see them and just keep getting better. A band to watch for in 2019.

Altameda.

I stuck around for a bit of the Antigonish, Nova Scotia band The Trews set, this would be my third time seeing them in concert, having seen The Trews open for Big Sugar in 2003 and Robert Plant in 2005. I have to say, I'm just not a fan of them. They aren't terrible by any means, just a good meat and potatoes kind of rock n' roll band. Nothing spectacular but nothing that really sticks out for me. Looked to me like the crowd had thinned out a bit as well after Altameda. I left myself after about a half hour, I had seen and heard enough.

A big thank you goes out to Troy for guest list, much appreciated! Good times!!!

The Trews.

T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment