Saturday, August 21, 2010

Concert Poster Of The Day Aug.21st (Ringo Starr)

Today's poster is from the time I saw Ringo Starr in concert at Northlands Coliseum in Edmonton in 1989. The show was billed as Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band, this was the first time Ringo had put a band together like this and toured, he has done it off and on since. And what a band he had with him on this tour, the members included were Dr. John on piano,Joe Walsh (Eagles,James Gang) on guitar,Nils Lofgren (E Street Band) on guitar,Billy Preston (who has played with everyone from Beatles,Stones to Dylan) on keyboards,Rick Danko (The Band) on bass guitar,Levon Helm (The Band) on drums, Jim Keltner (who has played with Dylan,John Lennon,CSN&Y) on drums,Clarence Clemons (E Street Band) on sax and last but not least of course Ringo Starr he of the Beatles on drums. Just an amazing band full of legends. All members took turns doing vocals and songs from their own bands. I though out of all of them that Joe Walsh stole the show. How I wish I could see this again, being this much older now I think I would appreciate it even more so now. An amazing concert. Trying to remember who I went to this show with, I know Mook was there other then that, don't recall.



No comments:

Post a Comment