Thursday, August 5, 2010

Concert Shirt Of The Day Aug. 5th (Pink Floyd)

Today's t-shirt is from the Pink Floyd (minus Roger Waters) concert I saw in 1987 in Vancouver at BC Place Stadium. Pink Floyd were on tour for their Momentary Lapse Of Reason album. This show was absolutely amazing, I still rate this as one of the best shows I have ever seen. I bought tickets for this show through a tour company that included plane tickets to Vancouver and a pre show party. I was only 17 years old at the time but was able to have drinks on the plane all the way to the show ( a whole hour and a half, drank the plane dry) and drinks at the pre party, so I was in all my glory, thinking I wasn't gonna be able to have drinks the whole time. On top of that, I did mushrooms before I got on the plane so I would have a buzz on for the big concert, well I have to say, everything worked out really well, made for an interesting plane ride I tell ya. 60,000 people in BC Place, all kinds of smoke and people tripping out on psychedelics, excellent tunes, wicked light and laser show, just an unbelievable concert.

Front.


Back.




In concert news... Roger Waters will be playing Vancouver on Friday December 10th at Rogers Coliseum or whatever they are calling it now, 23 years to the day of first time seeing Floyd. Roger will be doing the Wall in its entirety, this should be an awesome show. My friend A-Bomb and I are going to this show (row 14 on the floor).

1 comment:

  1. I saw this tour 10/20/87 in Landover, MD. It was unbelievable and I was never the same! If you sift through a few bad ones, there are some good bootlegs on YouTube. I'll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete