Sunday, August 22, 2010

Concert Shirt Of The Day Aug. 22nd (Kick Axe)

Today's t-shirt is from the very first concert I ever went to. The show was two great Canadian metal bands from the 80's, Kick Axe opening for Helix at the Golden Garter in Edmonton. This show was on Halloween night in 1984. Helix were touring for their Walking The Razors Edge album and Kick Axe were touring for thier debut album Vices which I still listen to once in a while to this day. I'll never forget this show, not only was it my first ever concert, but the stuff I saw go down at the show. People all dressed up of course, being Halloween and all, I saw Fred Flintstone dealing drugs to Dracula and some other crazy shit too. Little Red Riding Hood getting down with a guy dressed like a pimp,lol. Just a really fun night and have been hooked on seeing bands live in concert since that night.

Front.


Back.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I was at this same show!! Like you, it was also my very first concert and I will never forget it. I remember we had to stand outside in the snow covered parking lot before the doors opened, they didn't even let people in before the concert. I was all bundled up in a winter coat, and it was so cold I felt bad for all the girls wearing their skimpy Halloween outfits. I was near the stage on the right side and it was so loud my pant leg was pulsing to the sound from the amps. I was surprised to see Kick Axe be the main act, but they did not disappoint. Helix was great too, and we all screamed out head off for the song Rock You. Great times!

    ReplyDelete