Sunday, April 29, 2012

More Record Store Buys

More purchases from Record Store Day last weekend. Luckily for me my brother Citrus was able to pick up a couple of things for me in Vancouver that I wasn't able to find here in Edmonton. Thanks Bro!!!! The first one I was really wanting was the Mariachi El Bronx / The Bronx split 12 inch EP (8 songs in total) a Record Store Day exclusive. Same band different kind of tunes one side is Mariachi music which is fucking awesome, and the other side is The Bronx which is punk fucking rock that is crazy fucking good, wow, caught myself headbanging and rocking the hell out to this shit. Man these guys are so talented and diverse. How I would love to hear a full length live album from The Bronx. The vinyl is super cool as well, checkout the pics. It's cool that on right on the cover of the album itself it says Record Store Day, so at least you know it will be an exclusive.
Next is the Chris Robinson Brotherhood seven inch single by Chris's new band. Chris of course writes and sings in the Black Crowes. This single is two old blues tune covers. Side one is "Blue Suede Shoes" by Carl Perkins, side two is the song "Girl I Love You" by Eddie Floyd and Alvertis Isbell. Both great songs, Chis has such an awesome voice, very good stuff. Looking forward to the Chris Robinson Brotherhood full length due On June 5th called "Big Moon Ritual" and a follow up album in September called "The Magic Door".

No comments:

Post a Comment