Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Roger Waters Live In Edmonton May 28th 2012


Last night my Sweetie Janis and my buddy Buzzard and I went to the Roger Waters concert here in Edmonton at Rexall Place to see Roger perform the Pink Floyd 1979 classic concept album The Wall, in it's entirety, the first of two sold out shows here. This was my second time seeing this show and third time seeing Roger Waters in concert, as the first time was in Vancouver in December of 2010 doing The Wall. Which was an incredible show, hence why I had to see it a second time. I was interested in seeing if there would be a difference in the two shows. And there was. For starters, in Vancouver I had 14th row on the floor for the show as here I was sitting in the blues, which is the second balcony of the coliseum. This added a whole new perspective to the show. I found the visuals to be absolutelly incredible and different from the previous show I had seen. Cool, to see that they have changed up that part of the show, the visuals were way more 3D'ish then what I saw in Vancouver. The sound was incredible as well, with the quadrophonic sound system used,wow, unbelievable is the only word to describe the sound and music. Again Roger Waters out did himself, this show is worth every cent you may pay to see this performance. I was so tempted to go again this evening and see if it was yet again different. Unfortunatelly because of working later then I had envisioned I wasn't able to pull this off. An amazing show and one that you must see if you are any kind of fan of psychedelic music or music period.

After the show, I have to say, I had the biggest craving for munchies I have had in a very long time!!!














T-shirt front.


T-shirt back.





2 comments:

  1. Did you but the green tour shirt from the roger water official merchandise booths. I went to the Raleigh show on 7/9/12 and the shirts were sold out. I ordered one off the RW website and it was different than the one that they were selling at the show. the one I received in the mail is similar to yours only with the quebec city date on it. Just trying to make sure I received offical gear. Your picture is the only shirt I can find that is similar to the one I got. Just curious. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did buy this t-shirt at the Edmonton show, it is an official shirt.

    ReplyDelete