Sunday, September 16, 2012

Band Of Skulls Live in Edmonton Sept.12th 2012


On Wedenesday night my buddy A-Bomb want to the Starlite Room here in Edmonton to see Band Of Skulls from England. This was my second time seeing the band play live.

By the time we got to the venue, we had missed most of the opening bands set. What we did see, which was about 20 minutes of their set and it was alright. The band was local artist called The Canyon Rose Outfit. The band was rocking especially the main dude on guitar,keyboards and vocals, he was definitelly the show stealer. They also had a horn player whom I think they could do without. The Canyon Rose Outfit play a southern tinged rock n' roll style of music. All and all a decent opening set.




Next up was the main act Band Of Skulls. They opened their set with the title track from their latest album 'Sweet Sour'. The three piece band rocked from start to finish playing at times a Zeppelin influenced style of rock n' roll. With two albums out they mixed their set good playing songs from both albums, songs such as 'Death By Diamonds And Pearls','The Devil Takes Care Of His Own', 'Light Of The Morning', 'I Know What I Am' as well as 'You're Not Pretty But You Got It Goin On' and that's all I recall for songs. After all A-Bomb and I had got int to the beers quite heavy which led us to doing shots of Jack Daniels, not a very good idea on a work night. It sure made for a long day of work on Thursday but it was all worth it in the end.Good times!!!

The show was far from sold out. I would say maybe 300 people at the most. My complaint about this show is that I couldn't find out who the opening band was going to be. The posters around town said with guests, the ticket agency Prime Box Office had nothing on theirweb page about who was opening, neither did the venue's site, or Band Of Skulls site. I even tried e-mailing the Starlite Room the day of the show to ask who was opening, but didn't get a reply back, thats professional,not. If your going to have an opening band it would be nice if you could at least let a person know who the hell it might be.








T-shirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment