Monday, July 1, 2013

21 Years Ago Today...July 1st

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian readers!!! July 1st in Canada is a holiday for us, as we celebrate Canada Day, therefore there is usually some kind of show going on, hence I have seen a few shows on this day.

We will start with the Joan Jett show I saw at Clarke Park here in Edmonton. This was an all day festival with bands such as the mentioned Joan Jett, as well as David Gogo, Grapes Of Wrath and many more.


The Savoy Brown show I saw, was nineteen years ago today at the City Media Club here in Edmonton.



Also on this day twelve years ago, I saw Colin James and Wide Mouth Mason perform at the Legislature Grounds here in Edmonton. It was after this show that there was the infamous riot on Whyte Avenue here in Edmonton, a crazy night indeed.


As well on this day eleven years ago, there was a singer/songwriter festival held at Louise McKinney Park here in Edmonton. The main performers I saw here were Mike Plume and Mike McDonald, Mike McDonald of course from Jr. Gone Wild.


On this day ten years ago I was in Montreal where I saw the AFI with The Explosion play at the venue called Le Medley.



Nine years ago today I saw Clutch play at Red's here in Edmonton.



And it was eight years ago today that I went to the Yesterday Was Everything Festival here in Edmonton at the Starlite Room, bands on this bell were Misery Signals, Eighteen Visions, Time Is The Enemy, and local bands E Town Beatdown and Shout Out Out Out Out. This festival was held in memory of local musicians Jordan Wodehouse and Daniel Langlois who played in local hardcore band Compromise. These two gentlemen were taken from us in an accident in Alabama in 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment