Saturday, January 30, 2010

Old School Album Of The Week For Jan. 25th - 29th


This weeks pick is an album I probably hadn't listened to since it first came out in 1984,the debut album from Armored Saint - called March Of The Saint. And I don't imagine I will be listening to it again anytime in the near future,lol.
The production and vocals and such on it are quite good,but the music its self surely doesn't stand the test of time. No wonder lead vocalist went on to join to Anthrax after Joey Beladonna left the band.
There are few funny moments on this album, like these lines from the song Mad House.
"I got an urge to tell a story,
Mad house set to unload,
I try my best to keep a distance,
From going down loony road" and then this one from the same song,
"This certain pad will make your heart beat,
Rum,sex,drop hit the floor,
Next day you feel your head spin,
Back up again, do it some more"
Then there is the awful ballad, ya if you can believe it a ballad from a bunch of dudes that dressed up in armor outfits, the ballad being Take A Turn, just terrible.
Near the end of the album, there re even a couple of relationship songs, which made me laugh. Them being the songs "Stricken By Fate" and "Envy". The song Envy has fuckin' hilarious verse in it.
"I could end things really quick,
With a bullet right to his head,
But she was the one who left me,
So I should get you both instead"

I think someone is a little bitter after a break up,lol.
Like I said earlier, I can't see listening to this again for a long time, but it did bring some memories back. Like watching the old Power Hour on Much Music which is where I first heard of this band and saw the video Can U Deliver.

I also see that the band is back together and have a new album coming out in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment