Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Wit and Wisdom of Keith Richards


This book review is from a book I have had for a while now called Stone me (released in 2008 and compiled by Mark Blake), that I finally got around to reading, which is a book of quotes from Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones. It's a small pocket book of 117 pages that makes for a good bathroom reader book.

Here are a few examples of some quotes in the book.
Keith on the Stones asked whether he thought Brian Jones was murdered " No one will ever know... Brian never told me" 1999
Keith on Women and Guitars, What do you want to do next? "Britney Spears" 2004
Keith vs. The Law, Recalling his 1967 court appearance, "When I wasn't high I was in court. You try saying 'Guilty,Your Honor' twenty-five times in Marlborough Street and keep a straight face" 1986
Keith's Philosophy Of Life, "Music's always been streaks ahead of any other gig. After air,food,water and fucking, I think music is the next human necessity" 1983 Such a great quote and so true.
Another great quote from the same chapter. Asked what advice he would give his younger self, "Do exactly what you're doing. You'll end up like me, and don't worry about it" 2006
As you can see, it's a great book, it's very humorous and a quick easy read, excellent for reading while on the shitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment