Sunday, May 2, 2010

Old School Album Of The Week For Apr.26th-30th


This weeks album is one I have been looking for on vinyl for quite sometime and was lucky enough that my brother (Citrus) found a copy for me at record convention in Vancouver and sent it to me, thanks Bro. I have it on CD and cassette but really wanted it on vinyl and now am the proud owner of a copy.

The album is now 20 years old, hard to believe. It's called Here Comes Trouble by Long Island band Scatterbrain.
Been a while since I have listened to this album but have to say I still enjoy it as much as I did 20 years ago. It's a fun bass heavy album that I still can sing word for word to.

Opening with the bouncy album title song "Here Comes Trouble", a song I could relate with in my twenties. Next is a cover of the Cheech and Chong song "Earache My Eye", fun stuff. Then there is the song "I'm With Stupid" which is hilarious, a song about a little something growing on his shoulder, the lyrics are great. The second last song on side one is "Down With The Ship(Slight Return)" which is a song with all kinds of snippets from some classic rock songs, the ones I caught are Metallica's Seek And Destroy(I think), a couple of Zeppelin songs Dazed and Confused,The Ocean and Rock N Roll,Aerosmith's Walk This Way,Van Halen's Aint Talkin' Bout Love, The Doors Roadhouse Blues and a Billy Squire riff too, the song is just laced with awesome riffs. Check it out and see how many of the riffs you catch.


Side Two opens with the best penis song ever "Mr. Johnson And The Juice Crew" a fucking funny song.

Then of course there is the song they are most famous for "Don't Call Me Dude" which is a great video as well.

The album closes with the poetic song "Drunken Milkman" a short dramatic song.
"Drunken milkmen driving drunk,
Swerves on the curves.
Chevrolet heads his way...
A flash - A crash!
Milk and blood, blood and milk
Family of four, family no more.
Drunken milkmen driving drunk
"
It's been a lot of fun getting reacquainted with this album. Still find it hard to believe that none of these songs got any air play back in the day. This is an album well worth searching out.

No comments:

Post a Comment