Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bob Dylan Book Review

I finally got around to reading a book I have had on my shelf for over a year now. The book is Bob Dylan's Chronicles Volume One his memoir wrote by Bob himself of course, that came out in 2004 and published by Simon & Schuster. Supposedly this is book one of three that he is writing. I found this book to be very informative, it covers his early years in Minneapolis and New York. The book only has five chapters, chapter one is about the early years and another chapter is about him recording his album 'Oh Mercy'(1989) with producer Daniel Lanois. That album sounded like it was a real challenge to make with Lanois, one other chapter is about his album 'New Morning'(1970). It took me a while to get into the book, but about a third of the way through I found myself quite engaged in his writing and story telling. I am looking forward to more volumes of his memoirs. Good read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment