Friday, August 19, 2011

Concert Shirt Of The Day Aug.19th (W.A.S.P.)

Today's t-shirt is from a concert I didn't actually see, but was able to pick up the t-shirt at Sound Connection in Edmonton. It is from the W.A.S.P. European tour in 1984, this would have been for their debut album. I was huge W.A.S.P. fan in the 80's and just had to have this t-shirt when I saw it back in 1984. The shirt didn't go over well with my parents for reasons that don't need to be explained. I remember the first time I tried to wear it and my Mom saw it. She asked why I would wear a shirt with such offensive language on it. I said I wasn't aware of what it said, liar, she saw through that in a hurry and asked me to never wear it around her, which I didn't. I actually never did wear this shirt anywhere, just kept it as a collectors item. I did have a friend in High School at the time (Geoff) who asked if he could wear it to school. I said sure, as long as he didn't get it taken away. He did wear it to school, but ended up getting suspended for 3 days for his effort. It is a classic shirt.

Front.


Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment