Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ticket Stub Of The Day Aug.31st (New Kids On The Block)

Today's ticket stub is from the time I saw the New Kids On The Block in concert. This show was in 1990 at Northlands Coliseum in Edmonton. I took a lot of ribbing from my friends and my brother for going to this,lol. I took my sister (Kim) to this show for her 12th birthday. She was a huge fan of the band and the show was sold out well in advance, but I was able to score two tickets the day of the show. I will never forget how surprised and happy she was when I told her I had tickets for the show, and we were going.

I have to say, I am not sure if I had ever heard the Coliseum so loud in my life, with 17,000 screaming girls, the place was a jumping, and wow, lots of glow sticks too. I killed some time at the show walking around the top concourse of the Coliseum smoking black hash. All and all, I made my sister a very happy girl that night.

The day after the show, I saw this cartoon in the newspaper. I think the artist must have seen me at the show. As Judas Priest had just played the same venue two days before.







No comments:

Post a Comment