Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Aug.2nd (Zappa Plays Zappa)

Today's concert shirt is from the Zappa Plays Zappa concert I saw in 2007 at the Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton. I went to this show with Mook, Buzzard, A-Bomb and Doug. Zappa Plays Zappa is Frank Zappa's son Dweezil leading the band and playing guitar I thought this might be an interesting show as I never had the chance to see Frank in concert before he passed away. Well, this show was a huge disappointment, it was the hundredth show of the tour so you would figure everything would be running smooth. I can tell you it wasn't, there were all kind of miscues within the first 30 minutes of the show. Film footage wasn't lined up with the music, or the film just wouldn't start. I actually ended up leaving this show about half way through.

I had bought tickets for the show when it was first announced, only to win a pair of tickets a few weeks before the show. I had no luck in getting rid of the tickets, so before the show I stood outside the venue trying to sell or give the tickets away with no luck. Eventually just before the concert was to start, I went outside and just threw the tickets on the sidewalk. Not sure if they got used or not. It was a very small audience for the show, so I highly doubt it. All and all a shitty show.

Front.


Back.




No comments:

Post a Comment