Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mike Plume Band at The Pawn Shop June 23rd 2012


Saturday night my buddies Hurl, Buzzard and my Sweetie Janis and I went to see Mike Plume play at The Pawn Shop here in Edmonton. We missed opening bands Jay Sparrow and James Murdoch as we were busy having a few drinks before the show.

This was my fifth time seeing Mike Plume in concert. Mike Plume wasn't promoting anything new on this tour, other then the re-release of his old catalog of music on Soccer Mom Records. It's too bad, cause I would love to hear a new album from Mike and his band. This tour started on the East Coast of Canada and ending here in Edmonton on this very evening. Nonetheless it was another good show, but in all honesty it was my least favorite show I have seen him perform. Maybe I have just seen him too many times in the past 4 years. There was an excellent turn out for the show which surprised me considering there was next to know advertising for it. Maybe being a Saturday night show on Whyte Avenue brought out a lot of people. It was good to see a big crowd, as the past few shows have been smaller turn outs.

There were no big surprises at this show music wise. Mike Plume and his band sounded tight as they always do. They played close to two hours with the crowd singing along for almost every song. One surprise that really caught my eye, was seeing a round of beers bought for the band brought up to the stage and seeing Mike Plume grab a beer and drink it. I didn't think Mike drank anymore as this was the first time I have seen him drink on stage.

All and all a fun night out with friends and great music. Here is hoping that Mike Plume puts out some new music soon.





T-shirt from the show.





No comments:

Post a Comment