Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wild T Live


Last night I made my way down to The Commercial Hotel to catch Wild T's closing set. I have been following Wild T (real name Tony Springer) since the late 80's when he used to play People's Pub all the time. He disappeared for a while but it's nice to see he is out playing live again and sounding quite good actually. I had the chance to have a few words with him before he started his set, and he recognized me right away and even knew my name, well my nickname anyways, (Mot). He remembered me from the days of People's Pub when I used to sell t-shirts for him whenever he came through town. That really surprised me for him to call me by my name. Tony is a super nice down to earth guy. He signed a CD for me and then hit the stage for a very good set. He played a few originals and played an awesome version of Jimi Hendrix's Manic Depression.He played to a packed bar and had the dance floor a hopping. All and all a good show.

Wild T will be playing again this evening Saturday April 3rd. I recommend getting out and seeing him play.


No comments:

Post a Comment