Sunday, July 4, 2010

Big Rude Jake In Concert 06/30/10


On Wednesday night I went to checkout Big Rude Jake playing at Blues On Whyte at The Commercial Hotel on Whyte Ave. Big Rude Jake is a musician from Toronto whom I haven't seen play since the time he opened for Big Sugar in 1997. When I saw him in 1997 he was touring for his Blue Pariah album which is really good. At that time he had more of a big band/blues sound. I didn't realize he was still putting out music as I haven't heard his name in ages, so I was stoked to see him playing at a blues bar. His latest album is called Quicksand and has more of a jazz sound now. The show he did at The Commie was quite good and he played more a blues set then jazz, which makes sense as he was at a blues club. I only caught his last set of the evening, but what I saw and heard I really enjoyed. I would give the show a 7 out of 10.





No comments:

Post a Comment