Sunday, July 18, 2010

Concert Poster Of The Day July 18th (Compromise)

Today's poster is from what would be the last time I saw local hardcore band Compromise, the show was at Stars on Whyte Ave. in Edmonton. It was only weeks later when Compromise were on tour through the States that they were involved in an accident that killed two of the members of the band. It was June 13th 2002 while en route to Savannah,Georgia that their van was clipped by a drunk driver sending them into the ditch killing guitarists Jordan Wodehouse and Daniel Langlois and injuring the others. This was a very sad day in the Edmonton and hardcore music scene. I will never forget waking up to go to work and seeing this on the morning news. I instantly broke down crying, having known some of the members of the band. I got to know lead singer Jesse Zaraska through a job we worked together doing picture framing. Jesse would later go onto putting on a festival in tribute to Jordan and Daniel called Yesterday Was Everything. Jesse would also later go onto fronting the hardcore band Misery Signals, he is no longer in the band, but on their first album (Of Malice And The Magnum Heart) Misery Signals wrote a song called "The Year Summer Ended In June" I have included the video on this post and hope you will have a watch and listen. It is a very touching song. RIP Jordan and Daniel, you will never be forgotten.






The Year Summer Ended In June

This time
It was our summer
It was something
No one could take from us

Sometimes that night seems so close
Like I could hold it
You said alright we'll be fine
But how could we have known
Do you remember
Roll down the window and let in night air
I always thought we'd be together
You said,
You said that we'd never gone this way before

I must not let you die
Your memory survives
I Hope that tonight things are fine
As I lay awake
The light cuts the southern sky
And that glass stings my lungs
These scars they will
They will always remind me of you and how your always with me

Your with me
Your with me
You are with me, always with me

Nothing, Won't you stay
and
be
with
me
Tonight, tonight

Don't you know I tried to find those pictures with no light
I lost them as I lost you
I lost them as I lost you
Waiting, waiting to see and be with you again
With you again
Wishing the best for you my lost friends, my lost friends
To hear you laugh one last time
I hope you know I tried to find those pictures Jordo,
Of us
That night in Detroit with The Preshure Point
And I,
I feel the need to fly and hide inside
And I,
I feel the need to hide inside your loving arms

Man I swear I'd give the whole thing up for you

1 comment:

  1. i got to see that last compromise show with you. i have never been a big hardcore fan but have to admit that show was special. it's sad those young men had to have thier lives cut so short. i feel lucky to have seen them play that night in may.

    ReplyDelete