Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Blitzen Trapper in Edmonton June 18th 2014


I'm a bit slow on my update as I have been a busy guy over the past week, as you will see. Last Wednesday myself, and buddies Hurl and A-Bomb went to the Blitzen Trapper and Parkington Sisters concert here in Edmonton at the Starlite Room.

First band of the night was the Parkington Sisters from Wellfleet, Massachusetts. The band is like the name says, all sisters, on this evening there were only three of them, the band consists of Ariel, Sarah, Nora and Rose Parkington. Now I couldn't tell you who was all at this show. They were interesting, they all played violin and sang in great harmony. For the last song of the night, the drummer Brian Koch and bassist Michael Pelt of Blitzen Trapper joined the Parkington Sisters.

Parkington Sisters at the Starlite Room.


Headliner of the night, which was the reason I was there for was Blitzen Trapper from Portland, Oregon. This was my second time seeing them perform, first time headlining. The band is out on tour to support their latest release called VII.

The band sounded amazing, they are even better live then on album. Playing for about an hour and half mixing it up with new and old songs. There were no lulls during the show, just one great Blitzen song after another. Lead singer Eric Earley sounded great. One song did surprise me, and it was the Joe Walsh cover of "Rocky Mountain Way" that they did. It was a long six year wait to finally see Blitzen Trapper again, but well worth the wait. All and all a great show. Good times!!!

Blitzen Trapper at the Starlite Room.


Blitzen Trapper setlist from the Edmonton show. Thanks to Hurl for helping me get this.


No comments:

Post a Comment