Saturday, November 28, 2009

The King Khan & BBQ Live



Thursday night Nov. 26th I went and saw King Khan & BBQ with Those Darlins (from Tennessee) and The Sub Linguals (from Edmonton) at The Pawn Shop on Whyte Ave in Edmonton. I missed The Sub Linguals but did manage to catch Those Darlins. I didn't much care for Those Darlins, whom are a 4 piece band with 3 women and a guy on drums. I don't have much to say about them, other then shave your arm pits ladies, hairy arm pits on a woman are disgusting.

The main reason I went to this show was for King Khan and BBQ who are from Montreal and Berlin. They are 2 piece band who play a mix of soul,funk garage punk style of music. What a great fucking show they put on, you would never guess that there were only 2 guys playing, they made enough noise you would think it was a full band up there playing. The show was sold out and the place was packed and happening. You couldn't help but have a good time at this show with everyone dancing and singing along. They had the place pumping with the dance floor a bouncing. If you have ever been to The Pawn Shop venue, you know what I mean when I say the floor was a bouncing. The Pawn Shop is on the second floor of the building and is an older building. When the place gets rocking, you can literally feel the floor bouncing, well King Khan had the place a bouncing Thursday night.
My favorite song of the night, was a song called Taste Bud, its a rude fun song, I recommend trying to find this song, its a fucking fun song. The whole night was a lot of fun. I give this show a 8 out of 10. Good times!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you enjoyed the show!! I had to miss this tour due to me being sick. But they are always fun to see. You should also look into King Khan and the Shrines, which is one of King Khan's many projects. They have a full horn section and are pretty lively and fun.
    BBQ, aka Mark Sultan, has put out some great solo records under both names as well.

    ReplyDelete