Friday, November 6, 2009

Old School Album of The Week For Nov. 2nd - 6th


This week I pulled out an album from 1985 that I used to listen to quite often as a teenager. W.A.S.P. The Last Command. I listened to these guys religiously between 1984 and 86, this was their second album. While not as good as their debut album, I was still rocking out to it in 1985. I was a hardcore WASP fan, and had everything they put out for about 3 years, import albums, singles,picture discs, videos, anything I could get my hands on. Back in 85 WASP were considered extreme and were part of the reason that they started putting warnings on records, for lyrics and such.
The album The Last Command doesn't really stand the test of time, but I still enjoyed listening to it this week. My favorite songs on the album are Ballcrusher, Blind In Texas and of course Wild Child, cause after all, when this album came out, that's exactly what I thought I was.
I had tickets to see WASP in 84 when they were supposed to play here in Edmonton with Krokus, but ended up cancelling. But I finally did get the chance to see them play in 2004 at Red's, it was a fun show, but unfortuantelly the only original member now is Blackie Lawless.
WASP actually just released a new album in the past couple of months called Babylon.
By the way, what ever happened to original guitarist of WASP Chris Holmes?

1 comment:

  1. Chris is still kickin out the jams...check out his Myspace page @ http://www.myspace.com/chris_meanman_holmes

    ReplyDelete