Saturday, November 28, 2009

Old School Album Of The Week For Nov.23rd - 27th


This week I pulled out an album that is one of my all time favorites, that I still listen to on a regular basis. It's the debut album by a band called Masters Of Reality released in 1988 and produced by Rick Rubin. It's an awesome album, a mixture of blues,rock, stoner rock feel. There isn't a bad song on the whole album.
My favorite memories of this album is driving around with my buddy Warren in his yellow VW bug with this album just cranked, smoking ourselves silly and cruising all over the city, I also recall going to his and Chris' apartment downtown and bugging out to this wicked album. We had a lot of good times listening to this.
Favorite tracks Domino, John Brown,Gettin' High and The Candy Song. If you can find this album, I highly recommend picking it up. I could have swore I had this album on vinyl, but apparently I don't.
I didn't realize, but Masters Of Reality are still putting out albums to this day. The line up is always changing, but I think I will take a chance and pick up one of their newer albums and see if they are still any good.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard this one in years!! But i remember it being pretty good. I've been told that their newer records are just as good.

    ReplyDelete