Thursday, June 10, 2010

Concert Shirt Of The Day June 10th (Robert Plant)

Today's t-shirt is one I actually won as well as tickets from local radio station K97 back in 1990 for the Robert Plant and Black Crowes concert at Northlands Coliseum. Plant was touring for his Manic Nirvana album. They had this t-shirt for sale at the show but without the tour dates on the back.

Side note about this show, as I mentioned The Black Crowes opened, this was only a month after they had opened for Heart where they got no reaction whatsoever from that crowd. But at this show with Plant, they had a much better reaction, their music was starting to get played on the radio and I think it was much more like their kind of crowd.

This time a bunch of my friends came out to this concert Eor,Nerraw,A-Bomb,Hurl,my Bro and few others I believe too. Part way through Crowes set, we sparked up a few doobies, we were sitting in the lower bowl right next to the stage, when lead singer Chris Robinson acknowledged the sweet smell of pot coming from our section, that's when he left the stage and came up into our section and shook our hands and thanked us for the support. How I wish I could find a video bootleg of this show.

All and all a great double bill.

Front.


Back.




No comments:

Post a Comment