Saturday, June 12, 2010

Old School Album Of The Week For June 7th-11th


This weeks album is one I still listen to on a regular basis. It is Alice Cooper's 1980 release Flush The Fashion which a very under rated album. Between 1980-83 Alice released some albums that never got the recognition that I think they deserve. Flush The Fashion,Special Forces,Zipper Catches Skin and DaDa. Out of these three albums, I do like Flush the best. I guess you could say this was Alice Coopers new wave era as they don't sound like your typical Alice sound.

I was going to pick out my favorite songs from the album, but I have to say the whole damn thing is good. Alice Cooper is a very under rated songwriter.

I think it would be neat to see Alice do a concert only playing songs from this era 80-83, not sure what attendance would be like, but it would beat the hell out of hearing him do the same old songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment