Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Jan.19th (Strapping Young Lad, Misery Signals)

Today's t-shirt is from the Strapping Young Lad concert my cousin and I went to in 2005 at The Starlite Room in Edmonton. The t-shirt I bought at this show was from one of the opening bands whom was Misery Signals. This was my first time seeing Strapping Young Lad live, and wow, were they ever good. Lead singer Devin Townsend is fucking freak, very talented on the guitar and very entertaining as well.

On the way in to this show, my cousin and I were waiting in the line up in the long hall up to the venue when we saw a guy getting kicked out. I'm not sure what he had done, but the bouncers kicked him out then one of them proceeded to punch him in the face, bouncing his melon off the brick wall, it was ugly and not sure if I will ever get the sound of his nose breaking and the thud of the back of his head hitting the brick wall, if that wasn't enough, the bouncer then kicked his ass all the way down to the street, ugly it was. And this happened before things really got going, this was during the first bands set.

Cuz and I looked at each other like wow, what are we walking in to this evening, it was a rowdy crowd but thankfully that was the only bad incident we saw that night.

This t-shirt pretty much sums up the Edmonton Oilers season. Not sure how Misery Signals got away with using this logo, but kudos to them for pulling it off.

Front.




1 comment:

  1. I have one of these shirts (got it at Value Village) and I always wished the "Signals" wasn't on the shirt because I didn't know what it meant. So, thank you for putting my mine to rest about the meaning of the shirt

    ReplyDelete