Sunday, January 30, 2011

Concert Shirt Of The Day Jan.30th (Pink Floyd)

Today's t-shirt is from the second and third time I saw Pink Floyd in concert. These shows were in 1994 when Pink Floyd were touring for their album 'Division Bell'. I made the trip to Vancouver to see them play at BC Place Stadium in front of 60,000 people. I went to this show with my brother, both of us on psychedelics. before the concert we were outside the stadium tripping out and drinking beers and trying to sell an extra ticket that we had, don't recall why we had an extra one, but we did. We eventually sold it to a homeless guy for a handful of change, making his day as he really wanted to see the concert. Out of the handful of change the guy gave me, I gave back enough change to the guy so that he could buy himself a beer at the show, talk about a guy being appreciative. He thanked us many times over. BC Place is a domed stadium, which made for an excellent light show and sound, just an amazing concert. After the show, my brother and I were walking outside the stadium and for some reason walking against the flow of traffic of thousands of people, if that wasn't bad enough, we are still tripping as many other people are as well, and at the time my brother had bright green mohawk, which made for a lot of people pointing and making comments about his hair, we laughed and laughed, good times indeed.

Two days later I made the trek back to Edmonton to see Pink Floyd play in front of 60,000 people at Commonwealth Stadium. This show was at an outdoor stadium which was cool, but in the summer in Edmonton, it doesn't get dark til 11 o'clock at night, so the light show and lasers didn't work as well here as in Vancouver. Nonetheless, another awesome performance by Pink Floyd.



Front.


Back.




No comments:

Post a Comment