Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Jan.5th (Heavy Trash)

Today's t-shirt is from the Heavy Trash and The Sadies double bill A-Bomb and I went to at The Sidetrack on Halloween night of 2005. Heavy Trash are a rockabilly band led by Jon Spencer of The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion with Matt Verta-Ray formerly of Madder Rose. I have always been a fan of Jon Spencer and didn't get to see the JSBX so this was my chance to finally see him play live. Heavy Trash were touring for their debut album. I had no idea who The Sadies were, and didn't realize that they were going to be the back up band for Heavy Trash as well as the opening band. Well, both A-Bomb and I were very impressed with the opening set and of course they were great with Heavy Trash as well. Ever since that show Halloween night, I have been a follower of The Sadies, they always put on a great show and are well worth checking out live. I would say The Sadies actually stole show that evening.

Speaking of... The Sadies will be playing Edmonton Monday Feb.14th at The Avenue Theatre.

Front.


Back.




No comments:

Post a Comment