Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ticket Stub Of The Day Jan.20th (Ace Frehley and Peter Criss)

Today's ticket stub is from the Ace Frehley and Peter Criss concert that my brother and I went to in 1995 at The Thunderdome in Edmonton. For anyone who doesn't know, I'm not sure who that would be, cause this should be common knowledge, Peter and Ace were the drummer and guitar player in the original line up of KISS. This concert was billed as The Bad Boys Of KISS, as both members had been kicked out of the band at one time or another.

When this show was announced my brother and I were both super excited about it, neither one of us had ever seen Peter or Ace live before. My bro and I being huge KISS fans couldn't wait for this show. The show was awesome with Peter Criss opening with his band, doing some KISS classics and then Ace playing after Peter. Ace was excellent as well, playing some of his Frehley's Comet stuff and of course some KISS classics as well. Then for the encore Peter came out and played drums with Ace and doing more KISS classics, a very fun evening of music.

A year later, the original KISS line up got back together and did a reunion tour.

Checkout the advertisement for the show. Could they have fucked it up anymore. The misspelling of both Ace (Ace Fishley) and Peter (Peter Giss) I mean come on, that's pathetic.



5 comments:

  1. I saw the show the night before at T-Rex in the West End. Great times indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had gone to that show too. Two nights in a row would have been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great time. Not as big of a turnout at the first show, so it was easy to get up close. Peter threw a drumstick at the end of the show, and everyone just moved out of the way as it hit the floor. My friend just slowly walked over, and picked it up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice score. Does he still have it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to ask him. I still have the guitar pick I snatched out of Ace's hand as he was hi-fiving the crowd. It was during the encore and he kept flipping them over my head so it was my last chance to get one.

      Delete