Monday, May 16, 2011

Captain Tractor at Permanent Records May 14th



Saturday afternoon Permanent Records in Edmonton hosted another free show at there record store. Saturday afternoons show was with local Celtic band Captain Tractor who just released their first new album in 6 years called "Famous Last Words".

Unfortunately for me, I was super hungover and only stayed for about 15 minutes. There was a good turn out for the band, which made the store incredibly warm, or maybe it was just me and my big head that day. I think I heard 3 songs, which all sounded good. Lead singer Chris Wynters sounded good as did fiddle player Shannon Johnson. It looked like the band were really enjoying themselves, as were the people in attendance. Captain Tractor have been together for 18 years now and have released 8 albums. I wish I could have stayed longer, but to no avail, I had to go home and nurse a hangover. Sorry, I can't tell you more about the performance.

Again, nice to see Permanent Records supporting local bands and putting on free shows. A great way to get people in to the store and introduce them to new music. Good job guys!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment