Friday, July 29, 2011

Concert Shirt/Posters Of The Day July 29th (Ottawa Blues Fest.)

Today's t-shirt is from the Ottawa Blues Festival I went to in 2003 with my Brother (Citrus) and Lorreine. I had gone to Montreal with Lorreine to visit my brother while he lived there. We decided to make a day trip to Ottawa to catch Elvis Costello and The Imposters at the Festival. This was my first time being in Ottawa and first time seeing Elvis Costello in concert.

My brother was able to get us in to the show for free, as he was working for a record distribution company at the time and knew some of the vendors at the festival. He was able to snaggle a few free tickets for the show. We got there in the afternoon and caught some of Sonny Landreth's set and then next was Elvis. Elvis Costello put on an amazing show.

Setlist for Ottawa show.

01. I Hope You're Happy Now
02. Tear Off Your Own Head (It's A Doll Revolution)
03. Everyday I Write The Book
04. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
05. Everybody's Crying Mercy
06. Clubland
07. Clown Strike
08. Pump It Up
09. Dust
10. Either Side Of The Same Town
11. I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
12. Uncomplicated
13. Tart
14. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror / You Really Got A Hold On Me
Encore 1
15. Watching The Detectives
16. Alison
17. Beyond Belief
18. Radio, Radio
19. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?

After Elvis' set we caught some of Daniel Lanois show as well. I really enjoyed the little bit of this festival that we did see. Great set up, lots of beer tents, good crowd and great bands. I would love to have the chance to go to the Ottawa Blues Festival again. Good times!!!

Front.


Back.






No comments:

Post a Comment