Sunday, April 24, 2011

Concert Poster Of The Day Apr.24th (The Doors)

Today's poster is from the Strange Days Festival show Janis and I went to in 2005 at Rexall Place in Edmonton. This Festival included the Pat Travers Band, Vanilla Fudge and The Doors Of The 21st Century which was Ian Astbury from The Cult taking the role of the late Jim Morrison, with original members Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger. Th Pat Travers Band was alright, nothing special, I enjoyed Vanilla Fudge and their psychedelic music and The Doors Of The 21st Century were ok. I have to admit Ian Astbury did a good job of being Jim Morriosn, had the look down, sounded like Jim, but I couldn't get by the fact that it just wasn't Jim Morrison. I have never been a fan of Ian or The Cult, so to me I thought it was terrible. To see Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger do the old Doors songs was cool, but it all just seemed like a cash grab. I would never have gone to this show if I hadn't won tickets from the record store Megatunes at the last minute.



2 comments:

  1. my name is Kris Bowers, I am from Australia and I seen this performance, it was great! thank you for sharing :) KBWILDCHILD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pleasure to be able to share my collection. Thanks for checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete