Friday, April 22, 2011

Ticket Stub Of The Day Apr.22nd (Joan Jett)

Today's ticket stub is from the Canada Day concert I saw in 1992 at Clarke Stadium in Edmonton. The line up for this show included David Gogo opening the show followed by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts who put on a great show despite it hailing during her set, other bands on the bill were Grapes Of Wrath and Barney Bentall. What I remember most about this show was the terrible turn out for the concert and the shitty weather. Hail,rain and wind through out the day made for a bad show no matter how much a guy drank. I remember having a glass of beer in my hand during Joan Jett and it started hailing, big hail too, as one hail stone landed in my glass of beer and almost emptied it, damn hail, time to guzzle. There were less then a thousand people at the show which is awful for a stadium that holds probably ten thousand. I didn't stick around much longer after Joan Jett's set.

No comments:

Post a Comment