Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Apr.13th (The Who)

Today's t-shirt is from The Who concert Janis and I saw in 2006 at Rexall Place in Edmonton. Sure the only original members were Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey but nonetheless I thought it was a great show. I wish I could have seen them 30 years ago, but at least I can say I did see them. Pete can still play wicked guitar and do the old windmill thing and Roger sounded pretty good on vocals as well, drummer Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr's son) was awesome on drums, very impressed by him. The Who were touring for their album Endless Wire, which I think is very underrated.

The opening band for this show was a band from Winnipeg called Inward Eye, they were actually quite good, a nice break for an up and coming Canadian band.

Front.


Back.








Setlist for Edmonton Show.

I Can't Explain; The Seeker; Anyway Anyhow Anywhere; Fragments; Who Are You; Behind Blue Eyes; Real Good Looking Boy; Sound Round; Pick Up The Peace; Endless Wire; We Got A Hit; They Made My Dream Come True; Mirror Door; Baba O'Riley; Eminence Front; A Man In A Purple Dress; Mike Post Theme; You Better You Bet; My Generation; Won't Get Fooled Again

Encore:
Pinball Wizard; Amazing Journey; Sparks; See Me Feel Me; Tea And Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment