Saturday, June 11, 2011

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day June 11th (David Byrne)

Today's t-shirt is from the time I saw David Byrne in concert. This show was in 2009 at the Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton. David Byrne use to be the lead singer of the Talking Heads, I was never really a fan of the Talking Heads, I knew a few of their songs but not a big fan by any means. I went to this show with Mook and Doug, I had no intentions of going to the show, but Mook had an extra ticket, so I bought it from him. David Byrne was touring for his latest release "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today". I went out and bought this album before the concert and had a listen, I thought it was just artsy fartsy shit, not my thing at all.

Well, after seeing this show, I have to say I was very impressed. I didn't realize I knew as many Talking Heads songs as I do. He did a lot of there songs and some from the new album. David sounded awesome and he had a great back up band with dancers and the whole bit. So glad I went to this show. I am now a big fan of not only the Talking Heads but David Byrne's solo stuff as well. I lost my friends at the show, as I went to use the washroom, and when I came back to my seat, the auditorium was very dark and I couldn't find my seat. So, I just found an empty seat and sat my ass down and watched the rest of the show from better seats then I actually had. Good times!!!

Setlist for the Edmonton show.

Strange Overtones
I Zimbra
One Fine Day
Help Me Somebody
Houses in Motion
My Big Nurse
My Big Hands (Fall Through the Cracks)
Heaven
Never Thought
Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)
Crosseyed and Painless
Life Is Long
Once in a Lifetime
Life During Wartime
I Feel My Stuff

Encore:
Take Me to the River
The Great Curve

Encore 2:
Air
Burning Down the House

Encore 3:
Everything That Happens

Front.


Back.




No comments:

Post a Comment