Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Concert Poster Of The Day Sept.15th (KISS)

Today's poster is from the first time I got to see KISS in concert. First of many. KISS is one of my all time favorite bands, and one of the first bands I ever got into. I was super psyched to be going to this concert back in 1985 at the Kinsmen Fieldhouse in Edmonton to a crowd of about 3500 fans. It's just too bad that it wasn't the original KISS in make-up, but that didn't really bother me at the time. KISS were touring for their Animalize album. Queensryche were supposed to open but cancelled due to sickness I believe, which is also too bad cause I was starting to get into them with their debut album. A local band called Sentinel opened. I went to this show with my brother (his first concert ever, he was only 11 at the time) and my buddy Nerraw. This was only my third concert I had ever been to.

I remember standing outside the venue freezing our asses off waiting in line to get in, as we were standing there, we saw people drinking whiskey right from the bottle and starting mini bonfires trying to keep warm, damn it was a long line up.

I recall walking home after the concert, super pumped and talking about it all the way home, with my brother asking what did you say,lol, I think he lost some hearing at this show, it was a very loud concert.

My parents bought my brother and I tickets for this concert, as they promised me they would buy tickets the next time they came to town. I had asked them to take me when I was 7 years old when I saw a billboard for the KISS and Cheap Trick show in 1977, but they said I was too young. They stood up for there word, as they came through for us 8 years later.

This is the set list I found for the North American dates on the Animalize tour.

"Detroit Rock City"
"Cold Gin"
"Creatures of the Night"
"Fits Like a Glove"
"Heaven's on Fire"
"Under the Gun"
"War Machine"
"Young and Wasted"
"I Love It Loud"
"I Still Love You"
"Love Gun"
"Black Diamond"
"Lick It Up"
"Rock and Roll All Nite"





I wish I knew what happened to the t-shirt I bought at this concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment