Thursday, September 16, 2010

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Sept.16th (Queensryche/Warrior Soul)

Today's t-shirt is from Warrior Soul when I saw them open for Queensryche back in 1991 in Edmonton at Northlands Coliseum. Warrior Soul were touring for their second album "Drugs,God and the New Republic", which is a great metal album, while Queensryche were on tour for their album "Empire". What I thought was a great double bill had a terrible turn out of just over 2500 fans, that made for a very empty coliseum. Warrior Soul put on an awesome rocking show and Queensryche were great as well. Especially when they performed their album "Operation Mindcrime" in its entirety. They also had a wicked light show that would be right up there with Floyd back in the day, a very impressive show. Too bad so little people actually came out for it.

I went to this show with Sherry and I believe my brother may have been there with me too. I took a video camera (actually Sherry snuck it in) into this concert and taped the whole show, both bands. pretty cool bootleg, might have to dig that out and check it out again someday here soon.

Front.


Back.






Queensryche also did an autograph session at Sam The Record Man in West Edmonton Mall before the show. I was lucky enough to get my Operation Mindcrime and 12 inch import single albums signed.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I picked up this shirt off ebay a couple of years back. Would love to see that bootleg video of WS if you're interested in trading ? I have a WS trading site http://warriorsoulboots.webs.com if you're interested in anything let me know at wsboots@hotmail.com
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete