Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Flaming Lips Album Review



Thought I would finally write a short review of this awesome album by The Flaming Lips doing Pink Floyd's classic "Dark Side Of The Moon". Seeing as The Flaming Lips will be playing in Edmonton this Friday September 24th at The Edmonton Events Centre.

Not many bands could get away with covering this album, but I have to say The Flaming Lips do an admirable job of doing this album. I am very impressed. I now know what they say between some of the songs in the spoken word parts, as Henry Rollins does the speaking parts and is actually understandable.

If you are fan of The Lips or Dark Side Of The Moon I highly recommend checking this out. I give this a 10 out of 10.

Here is hoping The Flaming Lips do this album Friday night, that would be awesome.





Notice the way the centre piece label is covering the vinyl, shitty deal, makes that side of the album un-listenable. Thank god the vinyl came with a copy of the CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment