Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Concert Shirt Of The Day Sept.29th (Tea Party)

Today's t-shirt is from the first time I saw Tea Party in concert. This show was in 1993 at The Bronx in Edmonton with Roy Harper opening. Tea Party were touring for their first full length album Splendor Solis, but what really interested me about this show was Roy Harper. I didn't really know a lot about him other then Led Zeppelin dropped his name in a song from Led Zeppelin III, Hat's Off To (Roy) Harper and that he sang on the Pink Floyd track Have A Cigar from the Wish You Were Here album. So I knew he had been around since the 60's. What a pleasant surprise it was to see such a legend open for a Canadian band like Tea Party. To me, he stole the show, but have to admit I thought Tea Party were quite good as well, Roy even came out and did a few songs with Tea Party, so that was cool too. After the show, I had the chance to talk to Roy Harper and tell him how much I enjoyed his set, he was nice enough to autograph a scrap piece of paper I happened to have with me.
I went to this show with Eor and Claudia. Good times!!!

Front.


Back.




Roy Harper Autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment