Saturday, February 12, 2011

Concert Shirt Of The Day Feb.12th (Metallica)

Today's t-shirt is from the fifth time I saw Metallica in concert. This show was in Edmonton at Northlands Coliseum in 1992. Metallica were touring for their Black Album and billed as an evening with, no opening act for this show. I went to this show with a shit load of friends, Nerraw, Eor, Hurl, Stacey, Scotty, Wayne, Ross, A-Bomb, Sherry and my Bro. I bought a single ticket therefore was able to get a row 2 on the floor for this show. My Bro sat with Sherry in the taping section (ahh, the days when Metallica allowed bootlegging) where Sherry video taped the show for me (thanks Sherry). This show brings back lots of memories for lots of reasons, not only was it a kick ass concert, but before the show my brother, Scotty and I hung out all afternoon outside the Coliseum trying to meet Metallica, with no luck, I might add. We were drinking whiskey all afternoon and generally just getting up to no good. After striking out on trying to meet the band, we did manage to meet a roadie who said he would hook us up with pit passes, which would get us standing room tickets in the middle of the stage. He told us to meet him just before the show and he would hook us up, well we were running late and missed him. I did meet him the following day in Calgary, but that is a whole other story.

Anyways, during the show, my buddy Scotty being a bit drunk and a little too enthusiastic, got kicked out of the concert. It took four security guards to carry him out of the show, one security guard on each limb. Fuckin' hilarious too see a friend being carried out like that. Needless to say Scotty was not impressed. I think everyone of us that went to this concert has a story to tell. Hurl had a beer handed to him from James Hetfield during the concert. A couple of other friends of ours sitting in the stands saw Scotty being carried from the floor section all the way up to the concourse by security. This was just a real good time, such a good time that myself and Hurl, Nerraw and I went to Calgary the following day to do it all again. That's another story for another post another day. Good times!!!

Front.


Back.




No comments:

Post a Comment