Saturday, March 19, 2011

Audio/Rocketry at Permanent Records 03/19/11



Saturday afternoon I made my way down to Permanent Records on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton here to see a local band called Audio/Rocketry. A/R are promoting their new album "Piloting A Vehicle Of Audible Expression" with a free show at the local independent record store Permanent Records. I had never heard this band before let alone seeing them live. The record store is only blocks away from home, so I thought what the hell, I'll go check them out. Am I ever glad I did. I was quite impressed with their music, they were performing as a three piece and sounded quite good, considering they had just played a show the night before at the bar Pawn Shop for their record release party. Lead singer and songwriter Joe Vickers is quite a good guitar player and singer. So an afternoon show (1pm) probably made for a short nights sleep, nonetheless they were good. They kind of remind me of Elliot Brood a bit. I did pick up their newest album and am enjoying it.















Audio/Rocketry's newest release.


Front of t-shirt.


Audio/Rocketry will be playing at New City Legion in Edmonton 8130 Gateway Boulevard right next to Permanent Records just off of Whyte Ave. on Friday April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment